WHAT IS LIKE LIVING AS A CHRISTIAN SINGLE
Being single is a stage you have to pass through in life whether you like it or not. Being single doesn’t mean you are alone; it’s the time of life to plan out your life. This time of your life isn’t just about late night out, non-stop partying, it is a time to build a relationship with yourself, the time of life to know and understand what you really want, a time to love yourself and above all, it is a time to build relationship with God.
Here are some things you can do to make you single status amazing
- Embrace your single status: wear your single status as a badge of honor. Don’t let anybody make you feel like you are incomplete because you are single. Define what singleness means to you and totally own it.
- Connect with God: building a relationship with God is one of the things you have to do during the time that you are single. Whether your single years are few or many, it is the time you can connect with God deeply to know the plans He has for you. He said in his word in Jeremiah 29:11 that, “He has great thoughts towards you”. You need Jesus through the journey of life. Even when you leave the singlehood, you still need Jesus to help you plan out your life. So build a relationship with God by meditating on his word, through prayer and thanksgiving. (Proverbs 3:5-6). Also, make it a habit to always go to church. That is the will of God for us. Hebrews 10: 25.
- Make friends: The time you are single is the time to make friends and connect with people. The fact that you are single doesn’t mean you have to be lonely. The journey of life isn’t something you can just do alone, you need someone you can talk to, someone to encourage you, so don’t always sit by yourself, find Christ-like friends to connect with. You can find friends to connect with in your local assembly.
- Live a life of Holiness and Purity: Commit your body, mind, soul and spirit to the Lord. Do away with sin and pursue holiness. As a Christian single, always remember that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6: 19-20). Some things aren’t allowed in your life and your body as the temple of the Holy Spirit, these include sexual immorality, lust, promiscuity, pornography and lots more (Mark 7: 20-23). As a single, I know you will encounter adversity, but you can bear the cross and do away with sin.
- Pursue your goals and dreams: What are the things you love to do? What is it that you have interest in? What is it you have passion for? Is it music, creativity, writing, cooking, medicine, sports, photography, programming, designs? What are you waiting for? Now is the time to do the things you love to do. Go for whatever makes you feel excited. You won’t be single forever, so do anything you have to do now.